Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bisty's at Omotesando Hills (Tokyo)

I had some time to kill before a dinner appointment, so I dropped by wine shop and brasserie bar Bisty's at Omotesando Hills.
I was given permission to take photos. The place was practically empty due to the odd hour.

Bisty's is one of those dispenser wine bars, where you can drink and taste various types of wines with a debit card. They have a great selection of wines from all over the world; they also sell by the bottle.
You insert your card (which you buy at the counter and can be recharged) in the slot above your selected wine and press in the desired amount into your glass. The prices are indicated by volume according to wine.
Since I didn't plan on drinking, I opted for the least amount possible and just did a mini-tasting of my own. I had two whites and two reds: Israel Yarden Chardonnay 2007, Japan Takahata Chardonnay 2006, France Vin de Pays d'Oc Alain Chabanon 2005, France Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2004.
I never had Israeli nor Japanese wine (that isn't other fruit based) before so it was a new experience.
Labels with descriptions are provided where you can write simple tasting notes. The brasserie also serves light dishes to accompany the wine and also serve other beverages. The staff are super friendly and English is okay.

No comments: