Because my brain is too tired to write a proper essay, here's the standard meme:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Hiked up a mountain in high heels. Totally idiotic. Long story.
Got a "setting perm" and hated it.
Took Japanese cooking classes at my friend Doma's.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Some. Didn't get sick (haven't been to the emergency room all year) and tried to listen more than talk.
I have five projects lined up for next year, I resolve to complete them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Boy, did they. 2009 was a baby boom year. Three daughters and one son from various friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but so many celebrities died this year more than any other. Icons from childhood gone.
Korea was ridden with suicides; it was brutal.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Energy. Lots of it.
7. What day from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
Obama's inauguration. (And the infamous Aretha hat.)
Roh Moo Hyun's suicide.
Receiving news of my passing WSET test.
IQ's and CY's wedding.
Kathleen Battle's recital in Seoul. (Will post about it later on.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing WSET test.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting my drawing/painting hands back.
(Napzzak Project didn't help as much as I hoped it would.)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, just the regular ills and pains.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New computer. (Hybrid made from separate parts bought at Yongsan.)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I honestly can't come up with anyone.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Netizens who leave horrible comments on issues of which they're completely ignorant.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and wine.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Passing the WSET test. (Broken record! Broken record!)
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Super Junior "Sorry Sorry"
happier or sadder? happier, thank goodness
thinner or fatter? same
richer or poorer? poorer (phooey)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Draw & paint.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying over matters that had no immediate effect on my life.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Lounging and lazing about.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Nope.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Infinite Challenge. One Night Two Days.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I'm hating SM Entertainment for ruining my K-pop fandom
24. What was the best book you read?
Didn't read anything new worth mentioning.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2009?
I continued wallowing in the wave of K-pop so no discovery.
26. What did you want and get? Repeat broken record answer.
27. What did you want and not get?
Tried out for something; didn't even make the first cut. Boo.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Being the Harry Potter geek that I am, I should be saying HP and the Half-Blood Prince, but I really really hated it. No favorite films this year.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Aaack! Don't remind me! (Had fun, though.)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had managed to draw more.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Careless. That's why I'm an ex-fashionista.
32. What kept you sane? Faith.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The entire male cast from K-drama Queen Sundeok.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Motto : never talk about politics online. Gets you in craploads of trouble.
35. Who did you miss?
Best friend K who has been gone for seven years now.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
This year was more of a 'focus on old friends' year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I should learn to act my age sometimes(whether I like it or not).
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And here I go again on my own , goin' down the only road I've ever known